Monday, August 22, 2011

Vacation



I know this post is long overdue, but as you will soon see, the Ryan's have been busy, busy, busy! I think since we've moved, we've spent one...maybe two weekends at home, so we have lots to blog about!

Justin and I went to Vegas with a group of friends to celebrate our 30th birthdays. I turn 30 this year (eek!) and so does Justin and one of our friends. We had a fabulous time. It's our favorite place to visit, hands down.

The following weekend, we took the girls to Denver, and were joined
by Grandma and Papa Ryan. It was a fun-filled family get away, and very spur of the moment! We didn't tell the girls, and boy were they surprised when Grandma picked them up at daycare!



We got an amazing deal on an awesome hotel. We could walk right out to the Sixth Street Mall in Denver! Kendra couldn't get enough, and kept saying, "Somebody pinch me!" She's our little city girl.


We spent the day visiting all of our favorite animals. I think we all agreed that the polar exhibit was our favorite! Kendra also got to ride the carousel and train. It was a fun filled day for sure, but rather exhausting for some of us.


That evening, after a yummy dinner at Hard Rock Cafe, we just HAD to take a carriage ride. They had horse drawn carriages that went up and down the Sixth Street Mall, and as soon as Kendra spotted them, she had to go on a ride. Thankfully, I've got my daughter who likes to do things like this! I had always wanted a ride also, but had never had

the chance, so this was a great experience for all of us. Our driver was very interesting and informative. Downtown Denver is full of history!


The next morning, we went to the aquarium. Unfortunately, I somehow lost my pictures from this adventure, but we all had a great time. Though it was very crowded, we still had the opportunity to partake in all the fun exhibits. We watched mermaids, we fed jelly fish, we touched star fish, and oohed and aahed over the various sea creatures in the exhibit!

Justin and I just got back from our latest and greatest adventure together...Kansas City! Justin had meetings for work there, and I was lucky enough to tag along. We stayed at Harrah's and had the best time...when he wasn't in meetings, of course! I got to meet and get to know some of his co-workers, and some other people that he knows through auditing and his current job. It was nice to be able to put faces with names.

All in all, I'd say this is one of the best summers we've had. It's been very busy, but we've squeezed in lots of fun, too. Now it's time for school...and we have a Kindergartner this year. Excuse me while I grab a Kleenex...

0 comments: