Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy Weekend!

We had a great weekend!! My brother was here, and we did a lot of fun things. Saturday, Kendra was in a costume contest at the mall. She is a blue "Cera" dinosaur this year, a costume she picked out all by herself. It was so adorable...she got up on stage and shook her tail! Unfortunately, she did not win, and this was completely heartbreaking to her. She immediately started crying, stating "they didn't like me, why don't they like me?" She is sooo sensitive...and it was very difficult to explain to her winning vs. losing. However, we did eventually get the games to distract her! After a fun filled afternoon of game booths, we went home, ate lunch, and we all crashed for a couple hours. Then, I made the boys go grocery shopping with me...where I completed one of the tasks on my list! I bought reusable grocery bags. I plan to keep these in my trunk so I'll never forget to take them with me. After that, we went home and cooked, then the boys went to a movie. Sunday was the most fun! We went to the pumpkin patch, where we saw chickens, goats, and a kitty that would actually let Kendra pet it! Kendra's favorite wat the hay tunnel, and she went through it several times. Justin and I went with her the first time, after that she informed us that she did not need any help. We also took a hayrack ride out to the pumpkin patch and we all picked pumpkins, which we plan to carve tomorrow night. Then, after supper, we made a fire in our outdoor fireplace and made smores. It was a little chilly, but a ton of fun! Kendra immediately thought of camping and stated it would have been a perfect day to go camping. It was a great weekend!

0 comments: