Friday, October 23, 2009

Yum!

This will hopefully be the first post of many today! I'm a little behind. Last week, Alexis had her 4 month check up. We were shocked to learn that she only weighs 13 lbs 11 oz and is 24 inches long! This puts her in the 50th percentile for her weight, and 75th percentile for height! When Kendra was 4 months old, she weighed 15 lbs 8 oz and was 26 inches long....and off the charts! What a difference! Our pediatrician was very pleased with her development and gave us the green light to start introducing fruits and vegetables. This is one of my favorite parts of having a baby around. We decided to start with carrots, and in my new frugal fashion, I am making my own baby food. It goes a little something like this:

First, you have to steam the veggies so they are nice and tender.

Then, you run them through the food masher thingie until they are the desired consistency and texture. I ran them through twice and added some water to them the second time to make them a bit smoother.


And finally, put them in some containers for storage. I love these containers...all they are is glorified ice cube trays, but the work very well. Each evening, I pop one out and pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so and it's so convenient!

She didn't like the carrots much. I finally had to mix them with her cereal to get her to eat them. However, she loves peas. We started them this week and after the first bite, she would get so excited and kick her legs and giggle until I gave her more! I LOVE this stage!

0 comments: