Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Memorial weekend has always been one of our favorite holiday weekends. USUALLY, we spend the holiday kicking off summer at the lake. It's always wonderfully busy, and this year was no exception! There was no lake, but there were a lot of milestones to celebrate!

We celebrated Justin's 10 year high school reunion at our house. We had a fairly good turn out, and I laughed so hard hearing the stories shared amongst the classmates. It made me realized how much the small town life is important to me, and how excited I am that our kids are lucky enough too enjoy it also. Justin's classmates are such a great group of people, and they have memories that you can ONLY find in small town America!

Justin and I also celebrated our anniversary. Six years of wedded bliss. While we both agreed it's not exactly how we would have chosen to celebrate, it didn't matter HOW we celebrated, or even IF we celebrated. What matters to us is that we were together. We spent some time reflecting on how we have changed in the years we have spent together. Neither of us are in the place we thought we would be, but it's funny how things turn out! We have the perfect life (for us) together. I would never change one second of it.



Now you know there has to be some mushy stuff, too! I am truly married to my BEST friend. We may have had our ups and downs (but then again, who doesn't), but I love my husband more now than I ever have. As our friendship deepens, so does my love. I look forward to growing together even more, and seeing what the years ahead have in store for us.

The celebrations continued as we celebrated AJ's first birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be a year old in a few short days. It's hard to believe that our beautiful newborn baby is now a vibrant, sassy girl who loves to laugh, play, and brush her sister's hair.


Alexis seemed somewhat oblivious to the activities going on around her. Each present that was opened was something to chew on.


Thankfully, we had a great helper!



Of course, no birthday party is complete without cake!

At first, Alexis did not know what to think of her smash cake, even though it didn't take her long to grab a fistful and squish it between her fingers.


After Papa M showed her where the cake was supposed to go, Alexis decided that it wasn't too bad, and those fistfuls of cake that were so fun too squish went right to her mouth!


Of course, the weekend would not have been complete without spending time with our awesome family playing and barbecuing in the backyard!


0 comments: