Saturday, January 2, 2010

Beef Nacho Casserole

Some of you may remember when I blogged back in November about challenging myself to try 100 new recipes in 100 days. If not, you can find my original post here. I am happy to announce that I have officially started this challenge! Here's my first recipe!

Beef Nacho Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1/4 cup miracle whip
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp chili powder
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
2 cups colby cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until evenly browned. Drain grease. Remove from the heat, and stir the salsa, corn, miracle whip, sour cream and chili powder into the beef. In a 2 quart casserole dish, layer the ground beef mixture, tortilla chips and cheese twice, ending with cheese on top.

3. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and dish is thoroughly heated.


This recipe has been approved for the dinner rotation.

On a side note, I wanted to implement a rating system, but Justin and I couldn't agree on a system. I gave it four stars, though!

2 comments:

laura mcpherson said...

I'm pretty sure I don't know you... just saw your blog post on Amanda's blog, and the title "Beef Nacho Casserole" caught my eye :) This looks delicious! I will have to give it a whirl, for sure! (Amanda's parents lived next door to my parents a few years ago)

Good luck with your challenge. I'll have to check back in for more yummy recipes!

The Rood's said...

This sounds similar to a recipe a student gave me a few years back. Enchilada Casserole: brown ground beef like you are making taco's, then add a can of enchilada sauce, a bag of mozzarella cheese, then crush a bag of Dorito's. Layer a meat mixture and crushed chips two or three times and then set in oven for 20-30 minutes until warm. Very easy and quick and I think it is great. Of course I use a lot more cheese.

I will be checking out your recipes often and I have to say I love that you are adding a photo!