Monday, January 25, 2010

Home Improvement

As I mentioned in a couple previous blogs, I finished a big project.

This was my kitchen before. Ignore the mess. This is the only picture I had of my kitchen before.

That's my kitchen/dining room now. We like color on the walls, so we picked a greyish-blue, and painted the cabinets white. I also rearranged the cupboards, so all of my Fiestaware is looking beautiful in the see through cabinets. Again, ignore the mess in the background...I usually don't even attempt house cleaning until the kids are napping.

Finishing the kitchen got me motivated for more home improvement projects, so I did the bathroom next. No before pictures, sorry, but the cabinets were wood and the walls were a light tan color. Not bad, but it needed a new coat of paint something terrible.

I did learn some very valuable lessons while working on these projects.
  1. Forget diamonds, mini foam rollers are a girl's best friend.
  2. Sometimes it's a lot easier to make a mess and clean it up than it is to not make the mess.
  3. Home improvements are addicting.
  4. Cat's and paint pans don't mix.
  5. Alexis can crawl REALLY fast.
Now on to the next project...

2 comments:

SillyHille said...

uh-oh! which cat got in the paint? Sounds like an Emmy move!
I totally love your bathroom by the way, I have always wanted a shower with those blocks in it!!

Ryan Family said...

Sarah...it was Emmy! She wouldn't stay away...was sitting on my lap while I was painting, and I pushed her off so I could get up and move on, and she ran across the door I was painting, then got her tail in the paint pan! She had a little white on her tail for a while...